Vocabulary for GMAT / GRE / CAT/ CS
Words for GMAT / GRE / CAT/ ……..
Insert the right word in the gap in the sentences below. The words are to be chosen from the following list.
Extol, Inveigh, Cuddly, Moribund, Qualms, Reprisal, Bluster, Revile, Fitful
1. In his essay on India’s socio-economic problems, Dr. Ambedkar had ————– against the dominance of the Brahmins in the society.
2. President Trump often speaks of a manifold increase in America’s nuclear arsenal. His critics dismiss such utterances as nothing but senseless ———.
3. Japan is still ——– by ultranationalists in China and South Korea for the way its occupying army personnel used young Chinese and Korean women as ‘pleasure objects’ during the Second World War.
4. Arab League, the organization that came into being to promote Arab unity, is in tatters now with the member countries feuding with each other continually. There is little hope of this ———- organization being revived.
5. Some fanatics belonging to the ruling party vandalized the statue of Periyar, one of the most revered social reformers of India. These zealots have no ——– about their narrow chauvinistic mindset that leads to such abominable conduct.
6. The leader of the religious sect ——– his disciples to wear a saffron turban and take to vegetarianism.
7. The father bought a ——— puppy for his daughter battling depression.
8. In due course, the daughter-in-law became inured to the ————- outbursts of the mother-in-law.
9. Every terror attack on Israeli citizens is followed by disproportionate ———– by the Israeli armed forces.
————————–Answers to be posted soon.—————————-