Vocabulary for CAT, CS nd GMAT
Fill in the gaps in the sentences by chosing the right ord from the list.
Reprise, Incursion, Indictment, Overture, To drive a wedge, Snarling, To sow discord, Titular, Endear
1. The Iranian government, alarmed by warming Indo-Israel relations, has diluted its opposition to Indian role in the exploitation of its oil and gas reserves. India shouldn’t ignore these —— and proceed fast to reciprocate in a truly positive manner.
2. The Finance Minister was giving a press conference to explain the spate of bank frauds that have rocked the PSUs in India. His contention that it is the failure of the auditors and the bank management sadly appeared to be a stale ———– of his earlier stand evading government responsibility in the matter.
3. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is trying hard to ——————— among the many insurgent groups operating in Afghanistan. By doing so, it hopes to weaken them politically and militarily.
4. In the past, Myanmar government has tacitly allowed ———– of Indian military inside Myanmar borders in hot pursuit of militants.
5. Quite possibly, Nirav Modi, the scamster, will never return to India to face ———- in Indian courts.
6. The King of Thailand is just the ——— head f the country with no real powers.
7. The waiter in the hotel —————— himself to the guests through his mild manners and helpful attitude.