Vocabulary building for CAT, GMAT, and CS
Fill in the blanks with appropriate words listed below…..
Hindu words January 24, 2018
Absolve, To rear one’s ugly head, To leave someone in the lurch, Tardy, To queer the pitch, Rife, Suo motu, Estranged, Fractious, To go the whole hog
1. Some legal experts feel that the Supreme Court should have taken ———– cognizance of Judge Loya’s death and ordered an inquiry.
2. In Davos, the Indian fficial delegation ———— to project a pro-investment image of India with seminars, business lunches and presentations.
3. No matter how hard BJP might try, it can not ——- of the charge that communal and caste tensions have been fomented by a few of its leading members.
4. Myanmar has come under increasing international attack for leaving its Rohingya citizen —————- in the refugee camps across the border.
5. As mosquitoes proliferated with the onset of the monsoon, the dengue epidemic ——————-, reminding the city administration about the need for keeping the city clean and free of mosquitoes.
6. The sudden change in the format of the JEE from written answer scripts to online —————- or rural students not very familiar with computers.
7. Piracy in the Somalian waters was ——– till the last year. Thanks to the effort of the navies of so many nations, such incidents have become few and far between.
8. The secessionist Hurriyat Conference in Kashmir shows off a façade of unity in public. On the contrary, it is as ———– as any other political outfit in the rest of the country.
9. The government’s progress under the Smart City programme has been ———.
10. There was a time when Turkey and Syria had very good bilateral relationship. Now, the two countries are ———–.
You may send your answers to