Vocabulary for CAT, GMAT and CS
Fill in the blanks in the sentences using appropriate word / phrases from the list.
Hindu Words January 23, 2018….
Mimic, To be on the run, Demur, Acumen, Epic as noun and adjective, Inflection, Jugglery, Aspersion, Beleaguered, Tangle as a noun, and verb,
1. The Kurdish fighters inside Syria have come under ferocious assault by the Turkish army in the last few days. The U.S might come to the rescue of the ——— fighters as they always been a trusted ally of America in the region.
2. The differences between the Chief Justice of India and four other senior judges had been simmering for the last few months. It reached an ———— point when the Judge Loya case was allotted by the CJI to a relatively junior judge bypassing the four senior judges.
3. Finance ministers routinely resort to ———– of figures to show budget deficit at a level lower than the actual amount.
4. The girl coming from a rural background ——– when asked by her school teacher to come to stage to join a Bollywood type dance show.
5. To be a successful advocate, you need a high level of legal ———.
6. President Trump finds himself caught in a political ——— very often, because of his blunt, unsavoury tweets.
7. The longer Brexit negotiations drag on, the more ——– it would become.
8. The lady teacher flew into a rage on seeing a backbencher ———– her way of speaking.
9. In the build-up to the Gujarat elections, politicians cast ugly ———- against their rivals causing disgust among the voters.
10. The ———- voyage Columbus undertook to discover India took him to America instead. This was because navigational tools were too rudimentary in those days.
Please mail your answers to