Vocabuary building for CAT, GMAT & CS
Fill in the blanks in the sentences by suitable words / phrases from the list given.
Hindu words January 22, 2018 .
Gag, Masquerade, Dole as noun and verb, Doleful, Ambit, Discourse, Entail, Tug as noun and verb, Impunity, Sprawling,
1. There are a few hardened criminals in our midst who ———- as Sadhus giving sermons and in the process amassing wealth.
2. The procurement of nearly 80 Tejas jet fighters from Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd ——————- an expenditure of Rs.20,000 crores.
3. Without any job, many young Americans are forced to live on ——- given by the government.
4. The truck broke down at the middle of the bridge causing traffic snarls. Later, it was ——— away by another giant army truck.
5. Scores of devotees sat through the evening chill to listen to the spiritual ———- of the Sadhus.
6. Under the cloak of judicial secrecy, some handful of judges commit acts of impropriety. They do these with ———, because by convention no one dares to call them into account.
7. A ———- is an invaluable asset for inland water transport.
8. Giving ruling over strictly religious matters does not come under the ——- of courts.
9. Most despots hate a free press. They ——– the media through coercive laws.
10. Hearing the ——— songs f a maid working in the field at a distance, the poet became curious and approached to find out why she was so sad.
Send your answers to
email@example.com for free evaluation.