Sentence correction exercise 1
Sentence correction 1..
[Mark ‘C’ for correct sentences and ‘W’ for wrong sentences. Also correct the wrong ones.]
1. We have no hope of winning the match if we don’t our practice from today.
2. I hate the thought to get old when I am just 42.
3. Is it time for going now?
4. Lucy had difficulty locating the new office.
5. We made a decision of going home when we learned that the train had been cancelled.
6. I got over my fear to fly after a lot of counseling.
7. We gave up our plan to move when our brother fell sick.
8. There is no need to be disagreeable when a mere hint will change your wife.
9. After her long-awaited marriage, she liked the idea of taking a year off.
10. I have a strong wish to be alone when I lose money heavily.
11. Is there any need for me to translate??
12. My idea was for us to meet at 10am to discuss the proposal.
(Answer in the next post)
2. Wrong. The correct answer is … I hate the thought of getting old when I am just 42.
3. Wrong .. The correct answer is .. Is it time to go now?
5. Wrong … We made a decision to get home when we learned that the train had been cancelled.
6. Wrong .. I got over of my fear of flying after a lot of counseling.
9. Wrong After her long-awaited marriage, she liked the idea of taking a year off.
10. Wrong I have a strong wish of being alone after I lose money heavily.
11. Wrong Is there need for me to do the translation?